Friday, June 23, 2006

Maple Leaf Rag


One of the tops in my "quilt top collection" is a queen-sized Maple Leaf. I plan to dub it "The Charm of Autumn", because no two leaves are the same. I used the EZ Angle to cut each block, including a bias stem. And, don't ask me why, but I hand appliqued each bias stem before assembling the block. I do like how it turned out. It has a tiny yellow piping betwen the blocks and the border, which doesn't show well in the picture. And, it is so large, I can only show a quarter of it here. I have a lovely yellow fabric to back it, and a nice wool batting for it, too. I'm determined to finish a quilt that has been in my frame long enough to have had anniversaries . . . we won't say how many! Perhaps this one will be the next one up for attention. It would be nice to get it into the frame early this fall, and work on it through the winter.

Perhaps I shall inventory my collection here, if you all promise not to count! I used to be able to trim the stash down annually, when I took something to the Quilt America Yes M'am auction. Since the demise of that show, I haven't diminished the stack one bit.

4 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I won't mentioned unfinished projects! I had done so well until recently! But now that I'm so busy I jsut keep making more new stuff and not finishing any old stuff! Love your leaves! Such great Autumn colors!

Kim West said...

very pretty!!

Laura said...

I can't wait to see all your quilts on display here! If I remember correctly, you made 2 maple leafs and donated one to Quilt America?

Unknown said...

Lovely quilt - really like those leaves :o)