Tuesday, September 12, 2006

This little light!



Here's a picture of my DH with one of his creations, once again well-received at Camp. He always spends a lot of time fussing with the items he places in the old Mason jars, using an old knitting needle to prod and arrange the "treasures" he includes in the jar. He gets a big bang out of it.

I'm in that post-camp blah period, where I can't decide what to work on next. I'm thinking I will go back to my two hand quilting projects. One is a wall-quilt based on an Ocean Wave pattern called Peppermint Pinwheels. The other is a variation on a 9-patch that I made years ago. I've only got about two rows left to quilt, and the borders, but I just can't get moving on that one. I keep telling myself that I will be able to put something different in the frame once that one is removed. (I don't want to admit how many anniversaries that quilt has had of being in the frame.) It's single bed sized, if that is any excuse.

I've decided to add my picture to my blog. This snapshot is one that my 6-year old grandson, Drew, snapped of me one day . . . of course, it was a bad hair day, but I don't have too many good ones, so I'll overlook that. He's got a natural eye for composition, and does a very good job of centering his subject. He loves to take pictures. The digital camera is certainly good for that . . . no wasted film! Now if I can just get Blogger to cooperate . . . maybe my hair looks worse than I thought!

3 comments:

Hedgehog said...

What a cool lamp!

Melzie said...

Oh I just yesterday rescued 4 large old mason jars! thanks for the idea ;D xoxo melzie

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh that is the Norm I've come to know! I'm still playing with the idea of trying to make one of those!