Monday, May 11, 2009

Temptation is a terrible thing to waste!

It happens every year. While I'm in Paducah, I can't wait to get home to work on my projects because I am so inspired by new fabrics, and patterns, and tools, and techniques. Once I'm home again, I can't settle down enough to actually get the flow going. In the interim, I've been working on socks for Viki and Mary J. I'm telling myself, there are several tops close to completion, and I SHOULD work on those. Meanwhile, my mind continues to whizz, giggle, jolt, and veer to newer horizons. Then, this morning, I got a sale e-mail from Hancock's of Paducah, and it included a half-price kit for a quilt that I have been considering using Mary Engelbreit's Basket of Flowers line. How is a person supposed to resist that kind of enticement?

Then, when peeking around in E-Bay, there was another Moda fabrics kit on clearance. I could justify making a low bid on it, with the thought that the bid was so low, someone else would surely out-bid me . . . amazingly, I made the ONLY bid! I can't decide if I was lucky or not in this case, since the price was about one-fourth of the price of the original kit from one of last year's lines! This kit is packaged in a matching tote-bag . . . Did I mention, FREE SHIPPING?

Finally, there was another Moda kit for which we saw the finished quilt on display at Hancock's. It uses the Aviary line by Three Sisters, and comes packaged in a back-pack. It was $129.00 at Hancock's. I walked away easily . . . found the pattern on the Moda fabrics website, and thought I would put it away for a later project. Bought a jelly roll of those fabrics before going to Paducah, and thought I could fill in with some of the backgrounds to make my own kit for it. At the current prices, the additional fabrics to build my own kit would add up to about $100, but that wouldn't include the "free" back-pack or binding. Of course, I stumbled over a kit for $99. So far, I've resisted the siren call, but if I look at that kit again, and see that the distributor has only one left, I confess to considering a mad dash for the last one in stock!

Retirement can't come too soon for me . . . and I'll have plenty of projects to keep me busy!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Is it time to say "Your getting out of control again" Does sound like tempting things. Behave DSIL