Thursday, May 01, 2008

Progress!

Keeping my sewing machine going almost non-stop . . . except for those hours when I have to go to work, of course. First accomplishment is that I am current on the blocks from the Block Central "Somewhere in Time" BOM. Here are those results!

Next, the picture of my Clue #2 results for Bonnie Hunter's Orange Crush Mystery. I chose to work in brights . . . and they are not misnamed!

This evening, I finished Clue #3 . . . now, I have about a week of waiting for the next clue!


Gloriosky! I finished the applique and added the borders to my Rising Star. I am just delighted with the way this turned out. Initially, I thought I would use the border fabric for all the lettering, but then decided that the scraps in the blocks should be reintroduced. Glad I did . . . I think it unifies the whole thing much more.



Here is a close-up . . . I printed a banner with full-scale lettering in Printmaster, and traced it on my background fabric. Then, I just appliqued the individual letters. It was so much fun, I can't wait to do it again!
Next up are a couple of Florida quilts. I've been working on my sunglasses, and I have an idea for the 2006 Florida Shop Hop Quilt setting.




8 comments:

dot said...

Very nice. I especially like the shinning star quilt.

Ruthie said...

WOW, have you been busy! I love the Shining Star.

Amanda said...

I really like your shining star quilt. What a clever idea for the lettering. I'm keen to do some lettering sometime and will certainly steal your idea!

sossy said...

Goodness. Amazing stuff. I love the shining star. I am hoping to get my Orange Crush stuff caught up this weekend and am getting around to doing some small stuff in the sewing room today during preschool!

Cornfield Quilter said...

I love your shining star quilt! I have never done lettering but I think I like the way you do it. I will have to give it a try. This is why I love blogs, you really do learn alot!
Your OC is so pretty. :c)

Jan said...

YEA! You got The Shining Star quilt done. Love it. Why does everyone else's OC block colors look better than mine. Love everyone's colors.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your orange crush pieces look great! And your shining star is wonderful!

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful star quilt! Love your idea for making the letters.
And such pretty OC blocks! Can't wait to see how your quilt turns out!